Million Dollar Spaghetti is a spaghetti casserole with layers of noodles, cheese, and homemade meat sauce. It’s budget friendly, easy to make, and a meal the whole family will love.
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup butter, sliced – divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
How To Make Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Transfer to a bowl and mix in spaghetti sauce.
- Place 1/2 of the butter slices into the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Spread 1/2 of the spaghetti into the dish.
- Mix cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream together in a bowl; spread mixture over spaghetti. Cover with remaining spaghetti and top with remaining slices of butter.
- Pour ground beef mixture over spaghetti and spread in an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Spread Cheddar cheese on top and continue baking until cheese has melted and is lightly browned, about 15 minutes more.
Credit: Recipes Need